brain tumor

What is Brain Tumor?

Dr. Mukul Roy
19 Sep 2018
 4.51 Vote(s)
Visits: 17241

Brain tumor is the abnormal tumor of brain. This occurs due to the uncontrolled growth of the cells in the brain.

Brain tumor starts with abnormal tumors in brain. Brain tumor is the growth of cells of the brain but in an uncontrolled manner. This leads to the requirement of the surgery which is known as brain tumor surgery. Females are more commonly affected with brain tumors as compared to the males and 80% of the brain tumors are benign and the rest 20% are malignant.


Dr. Mukul Roy

About the Author

Radiation Oncologist
Dr. Mukul Roy is a Radiation Oncologist and Cancer Specialist at Jaslok Hospital in Peddar Road, Mumbai. Dr. Mukul specializes in General cancer consultation, Flap surgery treatment, Neck dissection, Laryngectomy, Uro-Gynae Oncology treatment, Brachytherapy, and Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy procedures. Dr. Mukul has completed her DNB in Radiotherapy from Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai in the year 2012. Further, she had a Fellowship in Uro Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai in the year 2014. Dr. Mukul Roy has an experience of about a decade in the field of cancer treatments. She is currently practicing at Jaslok Hospital, a Multispeciality center in Peddar Road, Mumbai. Jaslok Hospital has several medical specialities for the welfare of the patients. Not only this, the hospital also comprises of teaching faculty for graduate and post-graduate courses in the field of healthcare and allied sciences. Book a FREE appointment with Dr. Mukul Roy at Elacancer.com.
read more

For Cancer Consultation. Call +91 8929020600


SOURCES AND REFERENCES:

    1 Comment

    user_img
    Thirumani Rakala
    Sept. 19, 2018, 3:32 p.m.
     4.5
    Rating :

    Disclaimer

    The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, oncology procedures, medical, surgical & radiation procedures, various cancer & carcinoma types and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.

    It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ela being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.

    read more

    Related Articles

    Brain Tumor
    Signs and Symptoms of Brain Tumor

    Common signs and symptoms of brain tumors includes headaches, memory problems, and muscle jerking.

    19 Sep 2018
    Brain Tumor
    Causes of Brain Tumor

    Causes of Brain Cancer comprises of Human Papillomavirus Infection (HPV), Family History, Weak immune system and Poor nutrition.

    19 Sep 2018

    More From Author

    Blood Cancer
    Treatment for Blood Cancer
     4.51 Vote

    The treatments utilized in treating Blood Cancer include Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, Interferon Therapy, Radiation Therapies and Stem Cell Transplant Therapies.

    19 Sep 2018
    For Instant Appointment. Call +91 8929020600